Bangladesh announces one-week lockdown after corona outbreak

Kathmandu, April 4

A week-long lockdown has been announced in Bangladesh to control the coronavirus epidemic. The government has announced a lockdown with effect from April 5, local time, officials said. Bangladesh’s Ministry of Roads, Transport and Bridges Abdul Quader announced the shutdown at an online press conference on Saturday.

Public Administration Minister Fahad Hussein said the government would soon announce a new directive to lock down. Officials have said that some of the essential services can be activated even during lockdown. So far, 630,277 people have been infected with the corona virus in Bangladesh. Where, 5,683 have been added in the last one day.

In the last 24 hours, 58 people have died in Bangladesh due to corona. At the same time, the total number of deaths from corona has reached 9,213 in Bangladesh. The Directorate General of Health Services has stated that 24,548 people has been tested in last 24 hours.